Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I adjust the TPS sensor on a my 2006 gsx-r1000

well when i was having some motor work done, my brother pulled the tps sensor off the throttle bodies because he was curious to see how it worked... :mad

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Make his ass pay for new parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man, thanks bunch, i really needed that information.

-any idea if it going to be an easy/hard task while the bike is completly together?
-also does turning it clockwise/counterclockwise go up in volts or down in volts?
-should i adjust it while bike idling or just when the bike is in the on position?

thanks a bunch for any help

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
true_stang said:
hey man, thanks bunch, i really needed that information.

-any idea if it going to be an easy/hard task while the bike is completly together?
-also does turning it clockwise/counterclockwise go up in volts or down in volts?
-should i adjust it while bike idling or just when the bike is in the on position?

thanks a bunch for any help
You have to test it with the bike off. Just set it where you have the proper V with the throttle closed and then check it at WOT. You may have to reposition it a few times to get it right.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a bunch,

would you happen to know which direction it needs to turn to up/down the volts ?

im not exactly to sure, how to check it at WOT.. should i just pull the air box off and then put everything at the WOT position ?

sorry for all the stupid questions, i just want to do this right, makes me feel like a damn newbie.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
true_stang said:
thanks a bunch,

would you happen to know which direction it needs to turn to up/down the volts ?

im not exactly to sure, how to check it at WOT.. should i just pull the air box off and then put everything at the WOT position ?

sorry for all the stupid questions, i just want to do this right, makes me feel like a damn newbie.
Not sure on the direction. If you move it opposite of the throttle direction the voltage will go up. And if you move it the other direction it will lower the voltage. As for WOT just have someone twist the throttle full open for you. It's harder for me to explain than it is to fix. Where are you from anyways?

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you yourself a gixxer.com Red "R" you can get access to the download of the service manual that describes in detail how to check it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do I adjust the TPS sensor on a my 2006 gsx-r1000

well when i was having some motor work done, my brother pulled the tps sensor off the throttle bodies because he was curious to see how it worked... :mad
What’s good Plano??? I’m in Dallas tux with the exact same bike we should get together and ride I just moved to the area so I reallly don’t know anyone

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,564 Posts
^14 year old posts. He stopped coming here about then and served a year in prison for beating the hell out of his brother after he screwed up his TPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure on the direction. If you move it opposite of the throttle direction the voltage will go up. And if you move it the other direction it will lower the voltage. As for WOT just have someone twist the throttle full open for you. It's harder for me to explain than it is to fix. Where are you from anyways?
Irving tx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts