Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone bought a set of black Sato rearsets for my K6 and they didnt come with instructions... does anyone have any pointers or feedback what to look out for installing these? these look simple to install but im always looking for pointers just in case :) what tools should i have handy? do i need a longer rear brake line?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Should be straigh foward. Don't do what I did on my Aratas and use too much Loc-Tite. You will never get them off. I think I used red Loc-Tite and should have used a little less blue. Oh well, just take your time and use your common sence they are really easy.

·
Registered
431 Posts
One thing I would suggest is to go the hardware store and get stainless socket head cap bolts to replace the mounting bolts that come with the rearsets. I've had Sato, Gilles and Arata rearsets. All have cheesy mounting bolts and the socket hole easily strips out. In fact, I replaced most of the bolts on my rearsets. Just a suggestion..

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
I put Vortex rearsets on my '06.
I lowered and moved them forward, so I had to buy a longer brakeline..

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
2THRU said:
One thing I would suggest is to go the hardware store and get stainless socket head cap bolts to replace the mounting bolts that come with the rearsets. I've had Sato, Gilles and Arata rearsets. All have cheesy mounting bolts and the socket hole easily strips out. In fact, I replaced most of the bolts on my rearsets. Just a suggestion..
Ive got Satos and they are very very good, Ive thrown mine down the track twice, both times the mount plate has bent along with the mounting bolts.
If you use stainless bolts they wont bend and something will have to give and it will more than likely be the frame where the rearset mounts to.
The mounting bolts are supposed to bend.
Excellent service from http://satoracing.com/ for spares. Absolutely fantastic company to deal with.

Its a pretty straight forward install.
Only thing that I`d suggest is ditch the brake switch. Its simply not required.

You will love the Satos. A classy and funtional piece of equipment.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Closetotheedge, I hear ya. I just had a couple of nightmarish experiences when trying to adjust the rearsets. The soft metal allen socket stripped out very easy with little torque placed on it. Maybe doesn't have to be stainless, but I prefer the deeper socket head allen bolts because there is almost no chance they will ever strip out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.