Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it will be complete tomorrow afternoon. After inquiring at Earl's without success about the fittings for a auxillary oil cooler I decided to do the plumbing myself. Total cost...less than $150us. Aeroquip provided the fittings and lines and the cooler came via ebay. I took the lines from a early '90's gixxer, sweated the banjos and the bolt on fittings off the lines and connected it in series with the main cooler. I took some -6 AN/pipe fittings and silver brazed them into the banjos/bolt-ons. Mounting the cooler to the lower area of the front of the bike was easy. Just behind the front wheel nestled in the chin of the fairing lower. I'll be adding an underseat cooler for the line coming from the bottom end going to the top end. I'll just do it the same way. If someone gives me the instuctions for posting images, I'll do it. If anyone cares...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Where did you get your additional oil cooler, I have a 92 1127, that I am building into a monster and I would like an additional cooler, a race cooler would be nice, any leads would be appreciated
Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a stock Suzuki cooler from a water cooled 1100 that came stock with the lower oil cooler. I'll email you the images if you want. They'll be small jpeg- 10k or so.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Unfortunately, Earl's in the USA isn't up on the motorcycle scene. You want Earl's UK for the specific bike shit. They make a ton of stuff for bikes, from auxiliary head coolers (as opposed to inline with the stocker) to hi-pressure lines from the galley plugs up to the cam end feeds.

For example, the 'replacement' I have for my oil filler cap is a red anodized O-ring screw in that terminates in a -8 male fitting. With this, you can add a (much needed) extra crank vent to the beast.

For the hosing etc., once you figure what's needed, you can order through Earl's in the USA and save a bundle over the UK prices, but for some of the 'gems' - you either machine them yourself or order from Earl's UK. It works out well in the long run.

If I can render assistance as to parts/contacts/ideas etc., don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. You can do this shit to the water cooled items as well, just keep in mind that the price goes up for some of the smaller fittings.

Oh, an example of neat junk from Earl's UK: though I've replaced it with a much larger Earl's cooler, I've bought fittings from the UK for the stock cooler that give you a standard -8 male outlet instead of the Suzuki shit. Nice if you want to clean up the looks, or alternatively, run it the hell out of the way with longer hosing.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here's what it looks like...

Tomorrow I'll fill it with oil and go for a spin.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: bcklrcr ]

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Two thumbs up! Its not a bad little cooler and sure as hell can't hurt when caught in traffic etc!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
bcklrcr,
Could you email me the pics if possiable, that is if they are larger than the pics you have posted. Btw looks really nice

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
89gixxer750...I emailed you the larger format jpeg images and the info on the parts. If you can't see the details in the images, try using Photoshop to enlarge the images. The plumbing was pretty straight-forward...I sued the trial and error method to figure where the brackets could hold it with the fairing lower in place. If you're going for the street fighter look you could even use a larger cooler that wouldn't fit under the fairing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Bcklrcr, i did get them, and thanks for the parts info as well
. Looks really nice indeed, gonna start hunting for parts soon for a nice little winter project

1 - 9 of 9 Posts