Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get this thing out? I was taking off the push pins to remove the right fairing. I did the one on top of the right air intake (which I didn't even need to do) and accidently pushed the rivet through the hole into the right air intake. How do I get this thing out?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,780 Posts
"How do I get this thing out?"

The pin, the rivet, or the intake (duct?)?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,780 Posts
That doesn't make a lot of sense. If anything fell into the intake, I'd expect it to be the center pin. Your duct likely is similar to mine and has a low point with drain hole that's intended to capture any rain that comes into the duct. It's likely that the pin is there (or possibly fell through the hole and into the front cowling). With some luck and a bright flashlight, you might be able to see it through the front grill or through the back of the duct after removing the airbox. Either remove the duct or find something to get to the pin with the duct in place. Another approach is to wait (and hope) for the pin to work its way into the airbox. As long as you have a properly installed air filter, it will just bounce around in there.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I bought an endoscope from amazon . I paid 15 bucks for it. It connects to my phone via WiFi. Pretty good picture and video quality. If you don’t have one I recommend you get one. It will help you with situations like this, OP.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,440 Posts
You mean the ram air tube? It's probably in the bottom of the airbox now. Take the top of the airbox off, remove the filter and look for it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts