Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone else had this problem. Increasingly the AbS light is staying on when I pull off initially, which results in me having to stop turn off the bike to reset it the light then goes out when I restart and move off. I noticed that ‘FastBikes’ YouTube Vlog are experiencing the same issue. Is this a common theme ? is anyone else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really!! yes I can read the manual and have read the manual. This is a problem that has been increasingly happening to my bike. I placed it on this forum because I thought it would highlight a potential problem if others are experiencing the same problem. I don’t use forums generally and your capitalised comment just reinforces why I probably won’t again.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
. I don’t use forums generally and your capitalised comment just reinforces why I probably won’t again.
LMAO. Well, this is serious... Capital letters ya say.....Holy fuck you must be sensitive.
Be sure to report this, so the mods know what kind of a forum this is. :phhht :wacko

Gsxr.com is for Princesses

·
Registered
6 Posts
it happened to me on track once, during a displacement, then I turned off the bike and switched on again, and the abs light went off

·
Registered
181 Posts
Really!! yes I can read the manual and have read the manual. This is a problem that has been increasingly happening to my bike. I placed it on this forum because I thought it would highlight a potential problem if others are experiencing the same problem. I don’t use forums generally and your capitalised comment just reinforces why I probably won’t again.
You’re in the right place, don’t let 1 response deter your participation. Like people with this model are reading your experiences and concerns and will now monitor it for possible safety deficiencies. You rock a Gixxer, by default you belong here. Welcome and stay active. We need all exchanges of ideas and heads ups. 🏁🏍🍻cheers

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
hey guys,
i now have this issue, im going to contact the dealer today, but suzuki aus usually keeps them in the dark till the last minute when a recall is done.
anyone found anything that causes this yet?
don't even know where to start looking.
my ecu has been replaced already as well.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
cleaned the ABS sensors, unusual amount of metal on it for a bike with 9500km on it.
still got the same issue....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys.Greetings from Malaysia.I too have this problem for quite a while now.Ive took out the sensor,cleaned the sensor.The ABS Rings.Still having this problem.Now when i stop the bike and switch off the ignition.The light will still be there even after pulling off.Before this,ill just do this process and its fine from there onwards.looks like now this trick dont even work.Anybody got it fixed yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi has anyone else had this problem. Increasingly the AbS light is staying on when I pull off initially, which results in me having to stop turn off the bike to reset it the light then goes out when I restart and move off. I noticed that ‘FastBikes’ YouTube Vlog are experiencing the same issue. Is this a common theme ? is anyone else experiencing this problem?
hey bro,hows your ABS doing? still acting up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guys,
i now have this issue, im going to contact the dealer today, but suzuki aus usually keeps them in the dark till the last minute when a recall is done.
Hey bro..Any news on your dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pleased fully charged your battery. Do not changed to other battery CCA less than 190A.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys,
Pleased fully charged your battery. Do not changed to other battery CCA less than 190A.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
sorry for the late replies.
been away overseas.
yes its still happening, I'm not sure as to why as i have cleaned the sensor twice now.
i am thinking some of these sensors are not up to the task at hand, or exposure to certain weather is effecting them.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
24 Participants
jjones666
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing