Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have super fast metabolism so I can eat whatever I want and not gain a pound :)
Last year I got my body fat percentage down to 12.5% and started working out.
I got ripped in about 4 weeks and then called it quits.

I hadn't worked out in over a year, other than typical warehouse stuff at work (lifting boxes).
I noticed my muscles were no longer noticeable so I started working out about a week ago.

I started off with my typical "core routine"
I did MAYBE 2-3 sets of 50 sit ups (which was pretty weak compared to what I use to do)
Next day my abs were EXTREMELY SORE

I've never felt this sore from a workout in my life!
Usually it takes me about 3 days for the soreness to go away. But its been over a week with no signs of the soreness relieving.
I stretch every morning (try to at least)

should I continue my workout or what do you guys do to help your torn muscle tissues rebuild themselves quicker?

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
Time.

It just takes time.

I haven't ever used any supplements which I thought were helpful for the soreness.

If it's really bad, use Advil (ibuprofen).

Keep us posted.

--Wag--

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I've never stayed sore for that long. I can remember maybe 4-5 days a couple times in the last 20 years of weightlifting. You might try applying some mild heat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I always had a fast metabolism as well then you turn 40.....

Working out I would always skip a day. If I was really sore after not working out for awhile then I would skip 2 days before the next workout.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
yeah you've strained a muscle by the sounds of that.

BTW while 3 sets of 50 is gonna be better than nothing, its still far to many reps IMO, Try doing "hanging leg raises" or "cable crunches" weighted so you hit failure around 8 - 12. I think you'll find that more beneficial.

With the injury, just rest, don't train until your feeling 100%

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I want to see those ripped abs, and not in a GHEY way either!
haha sure thing dude..
(no homo)
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/s15silvia86/l_52b1279e12604d4caf3999ab801cdb3f.jpg
that was at about 13 bfp

thanks for the info guys..
:cheers
I think Rat454 hit it right on, I did strain my abdomen muscles (never had that before). I stopped training and tried everything from the hot/cold ThermiPaq to stretching & my lady giving me massages before going to bed etc.
Lifting boxes at work was out of the question.
Riding was painful as f*** too!
and just this past monday, the soreness finally complete subsided.

Gotta learn to "gradually" get back into my workout routine.. :hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
GIXINIT86
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing