Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy says the tank is perfect inside but it hasn't been ridden in years so while it does run, it needs a carb cleaning, battery, tires etc... Not much of a project.

Aside from fender, signals and brake lines, do you guys notice anything non original? Or anything to suggest this bike is a basketcase?

What the hell are all those red lines? Including one that goes to the bottom of the left fork?

Is Hindle a decent exhaust? Or obnoxiously loud?

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a frankenbike. Nothing wrong with that but I'm too much of a close-to-original weenie. Still not bad for $1750.

That was worth the 5 hour drive still (nea my family in ON). Nothing ventured nothing gained.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
did you buy it? I went to see this pike when it was originally posted for 2500.

The fairing has been spray painted where its been down (silver triangles) and the pipes are not for that bike. they were cut and welded (poorly) to the stock header.

i was looking for something ready to ride at the time, so passed since it didn't start well, needed a battery, lack of bum pad, pipes, and i was not interested in dicking with the carbs.

good buy for 1750 though. I would have paid that.

·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you buy it? I went to see this pike when it was originally posted for 2500.
I had noticed too many oddities like the ignition key didn't open the gas tank, the plastics looked clean despite the rashed / broken clutch lever and bar end..... things that indicated a frankenbike. So no, I drove all the way from Montreal expecting to come home with my first oiler but left empty-handed.

....and the pipes are not for that bike. they were cut and welded (poorly) to the stock header.
And they were loud AF, which meant (for me) that I'd be searching for a stock exhaust $$$

... good buy for 1750 though. I would have paid that.
Absolutely. I'm a little surprised it hasn't been snapped-up by any of the numerous oiler guys in S. Ontario. They're becoming more and more scarce - I know since I scan classifieds all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
le skid
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing