Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new pirelli diablo's put on and was wondering what type of tire pressure you guys would recommend for them for normal street with twisties ........ Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'd say most members would recommend, say between 30-34psi for aggressive street riding and twisties. the less pressure the more surface area on the pavment. there are some that also like different pressure between the front and back. i personally run pirelli dragon super corsa's medium compound (i think SC-2? i forget) run 32psi front and 32psi back for mildly agressive street riding.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok , but what happens when the tire gets hot the final pressure could be real high would you say . Lets start with 30 after an hr of riding i could see maybe 35 or 40 depending on outside temp. Do you think this plays any factor.

·
Stuck dreaming of Summer
512 Posts
In my text books for automotive it says an increase of 10 degrees F will increase pressure one PSI. So if you set your tires at 32 psi cold, and ride around and heat them up, say 30 degrees F over ambient temp, you'll be running at 35 psi. Now if they're filled w/ nitrogen you don't have to worry about temp changes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I run Diablo Corsas 36 rear 34 front. I have run this since I have had them, good grip and good wear. I have ridden them over 3000 miles and no flat spot. I hit a good bit of twisties with them as well, but I like this pressure combination. I am 215 pounds as well on a Gix 750. Try it out.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
SnowyAK said:
In my text books for automotive it says an increase of 10 degrees F will increase pressure one PSI. So if you set your tires at 32 psi cold, and ride around and heat them up, say 30 degrees F over ambient temp, you'll be running at 35 psi. Now if they're filled w/ nitrogen you don't have to worry about temp changes.
Anyone use nitrogen? I asked at a local tire place and they said they have never tested it on a motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.