Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
we all deserve our own opinions. Everyone does what they think is right, which is the right thing to do for them.

I wish you nothing but great rides and the best for you and your family my friend.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
we all deserve our own opinions. Everyone does what they think is right, which is the right thing to do for them.

I wish you nothing but great rides and the best for you and your family my friend.
Ditto bro:cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
2 days ago i instaled a TRE and new did chain and jt sprockets 16/43 and I'm running Dunlop Gp racer D211 medium tires 200/55 -17
Anybody is using simular set up? I had only one run and i reached [email protected] and then it went to 13000rpm.Feels the same,but i have a sound now similar to turbine sound when i'm on the trottle?!
Is it becouse of new chain and sprockets???
I never had new before so i have no idea ....so if you go -1 in front and 200/55 tire it is the same like standard set up?

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
I love the 17/45. Also if you get a full chain kit you can cut the chain where you want and put the rear wheel where you want for the most part. Nothing saying you can't leave a few links in it and put the rear wheel farther back if you prefer. or even run a 16/42 and put the rear wheel wherever you want.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Im thinking of the wheelbase reduction from it...
with the stock chain. that will reduce stability?

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
It will barely be noticeable. The thing to remember is just because it fits in there doesn't mean it's correct. You need to remember to have enough room in the chain to have the chain slack set properly.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The stock chain has 112 links....
how many do you have?

thanks

mummy sells all kinds of chains and sprockets mate.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
FYI - A brand new tyre vs a worn out one is worth +1 tooth on the rear sprocket...
Si

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
FYI - A brand new tyre vs a worn out one is worth +1 tooth on the rear sprocket...
Si
When I still had knobbies on my XR650R, my top end would drop from 100 mph to 89 once my tire was shot & the knobs were mostly torn off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ummm i need a new sprocket and chain set on my k7 1000 street bike, but i dont want loose the top end, where i live will have twisty roads and good straighs, i friend of mine sell me a DID ERVIII 520 chain full a conversion but only find 17/42 or 44(43not) he tell me 17/42 if i remember correctly give me a little more top end but how much i loose in low? or 17/44 give me that? i am a bit ignorant in this theme.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
ummm i need a new sprocket and chain set on my k7 1000 street bike, but i dont want loose the top end, where i live will have twisty roads and good straighs, i friend of mine sell me a DID ERVIII 520 chain full a conversion but only find 17/42 or 44(43not) he tell me 17/42 if i remember correctly give me a little more top end but how much i loose in low? or 17/44 give me that? i am a bit ignorant in this theme.
With stock gearing you'll run out of power before you run out of gear.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
would the chain be too long for -1 F, -1 R ? Also, 42/16 (2.64:1) same as 45/17 (2.62:1) Although 45/17 stock 112 link chain could be too short.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Does the stock 112 link chain fit with all combinations ? Do you use gearing to alter wheelbase ? Will shorter wheelbase make bike turn quicker ?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
34 Participants
OneSickGSXR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing