Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Be careful, there is a Wolf amongst the Sheep", or "One does not belong"!

I took this picture of my 96 GSX-R1100W, sitting in front of of 100's and possibly 1000 or more Hog's on Friday night at the Raleigh NC "Ray Price Capital City Bikefest" >:)

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
I'm not sure I'd call that 'a wolf among the sheep'.

Perhaps 'a gazelle among the pigs'?
Or maybe 'a greyhound among the sloths'....
Or better! 'A barracuda among the manatees'

But I digest. Besides, they weren't ALL Har-lees. Two bikes down from you is an 80s Honda V65 Magna. A classic - the first ever production 10 second bike. Not fair to lump that in with those hogs.

·
7,745 Posts
Well technically, I can't really tell if it's the V45 or V65 Magna but in either case, it aint no hog.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

But I digest. Besides, they weren't ALL Har-lees. Two bikes down from you is an 80s Honda V65 Magna. A classic - the first ever production 10 second bike. Not fair to lump that in with those hogs.
My bad..... I guess I referred to "Hog's" as a type of bike, not the manufacturer. And yes, I know that there were probably another 500 plus regular bikes out there too, including adventure and dirt bikes, I was there! I just liked the contrast between my ex-Michigan dragstrip race bike and most of the other bikes in this lineup. And I somehow can't see comparing my bike with her 41mm keihin flat-slides, her 1200 cc overbore kit, carbon exhaust, and, and, and, with a Gazelle, Grayhound, or Barracuda... But, that is only in my humble opinion.... :smile:

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts

What were you snacking on ?

·
7,745 Posts
I heard that once back in the 80s and chuckled. I also saw it in one of the Family Guy star wars flicks.

Whenever I find myself rambling-on in random directions, I'll throw it in for a giggle.

I don't believe I've ever typed 'but I digress' until now, in explaining this :lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts