Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
I've never seen anything like that. Tents are 'allowed' on the sidewalks? Seeing this makes me thankful for the comfortable life I have.

I'd be afraid of getting knifed while riding through there!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've never seen anything like that. Tents are 'allowed' on the sidewalks? Seeing this makes me thankful for the comfortable life I have.

I 'erd in San Francisco, you see people taking a dump on the sidewalk.
Welcome to the sanctuary city!

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Nice. Stunts here in NYC

Are you allowed to mention some scenes in movies we've seen that are you? Was it you who jumped out of the helicopter in Hooper?

I'm betting 90+% out here aren't old enough to know that movie, much less the scene. Back in those days, you didn't jump into giant cushy airbags, much less all the pussy CGI 'stunts' of today. Stuntmen were MEN and jumped hundreds of feet into piles of anvils and broken glass. And they LIKED it.

:lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

The price you pay for never ending summer;) and riding 300 + days a year:)

·
Super Moderator
15,119 Posts
Are you allowed to mention some scenes in movies we've seen that are you? Was it you who jumped out of the helicopter in Hooper?

I'm betting 90+% out here aren't old enough to know that movie, much less the scene. Back in those days, you didn't jump into giant cushy airbags, much less all the pussy CGI 'stunts' of today. Stuntmen were MEN and jumped hundreds of feet into piles of anvils and broken glass. And they LIKED it.

:lol
Hooper? How old do you think I am? lol There is much more TV in NYC than Movies. I started late and didn't get into stunts until 2011. So I haven't been in a ton of movies. I was in Tower Heist, The Amazing Spider-man 2, Motherless Brooklyn and Imperium which stars Daniel Radcliffe.

TV is where I get most of my work. I've been on probably around 55 different shows some in multiple episodes. I doubled one of the leads on Gotham, so I have been on that a ton of times. Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Manifest, Blindspot, House of Cards, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Billions, Quantico, Escape at Dannemora, The Punisher, Orange is the New Black, Homeland, Mr Robot, Elementary, Boardwalk Empire, The Deuce... Just to name a few.

Stunt driving is my specialty. I also have a Class A CDL so I do a lot the truck stunts in town as well. Stefan can attest, but everyday is not jumping off of a building and getting lit on fire. Some days I do very little. Basic driving but maybe I have a lead in the car, there is a fight and I am the buffer between the fighters and the background if not involved in the fight. Some days I get shot and fall etc. I love the job but it is hours of waiting around until your scene is up. It's not non stop action.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
10 Participants
Stefan Olsson
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing