Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few months back a friend tells me about this GSX-R750 that he knows of for sale for $400, complete bike. I, of course, express immediate interest. He gets back to me. It isn't an '87 750 like he said and it isn't $400. It is an '87 1100 and it is $500. Welllllllll, o.k. I'm still interested, but, oh it has a bad starter clutch, so I can't hear it run. My friend tells me that he has seen it run and that he is pretty sure that it ran when it was parked. I didn't mention this but I am seriously broke. I still couldn't pass this up. Thanks to Scott Horner at Heads Up Performance in Las Vegas I have a replacement starter clutch. I am finally off of my crutches after three months and back on my feet so this Saturday I installed the new starter clutch. It fired almost right up and sounded good after it warmed up. Good luck has been scarce lately so this was really nice. Sunday I dropped the motor out of my '89 750 and out of the 1100 and I am in the process of swapping the wiring harnesses. I'm so excited that I just had to post. Troy 341

[ 09-25-2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: 341 ]

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Dammmmmmmm it sounds like luck is creeping your way, nice to hear that

Lucky Bastard

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
THat's a nice deal -- how about them pics

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Pictures! Please! What did the rest of the bike (1100) look like?
Bones

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okey dokey, I will have my lovely bring the digital camera home and will post 'em when I get 'em. Thanks all. Troy 341

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here some pictures my lovely red wench took for me. The bike on the left is my '89 750 and the other is the '87 1100. Everything on the 1100 is for sale except the front end and rear wheel. It has 17" rims that do go with it but no rotors. If anybody wants anything you have first dibs over ebay! The body work is not in great condition which is why I don't feel bad about stealing the motor. There is also a picture of the best dog in the world, bar none. Troy 341

1 - 7 of 7 Posts