Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
even if i'm a newbie in this board, i would post some photos of my GSX-R.

I would like to do more things (like the LED Undertail), but in Germany all parts must be TÜV-approved (for expample: there must be more than 10" between the inside of the rear turn signals ).
But now i'm satisfied with it. Or what is next? What would you do?
And sorry for my bad english, but i'm from germany...
Diddy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@booby:
The bike? I buyed it in Germany for 11300€ (about 9200$).
@midge:
Thanks!
Diddy

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Great looking bike!!!!! Welcome to GDC!!!!!!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
489 Posts
hey diddy, dont worry, your english is much better than my german. anway, in my opinion, here are some things to think about to customize your bike:
1- new rearsets (sato - black is hot)
2- new windscreen (zero gravity or puig)
3- change the gearing (front sprocket change)
4- possibly a rear hugger (carbon fender)
5- AND frame sliders - be sure to protect that beauty.

Hope that gives you some ideas. keep us informed and lets see what you do next

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@booby:
Near Munich. But the price was everywhere the same.
@ all:
Thanks! Perhaps I will do some of these mods.
Diddy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Slipper:
I have buyed an MRA Racing Screen, but it's lying in my basement (because the look was absolutely disgusting).
And i wanted to buy frame sliders again and again but everytime i wanted i read anywhere in the internet about frame damages because of the sliders.
Is this true (that they can be the cause for this)? If not, i will buy some as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Diddy

·
Registered
297 Posts
sweet looking bike diddy, wish i had a 750. welcome to the site, and get some frame sliders on that bike pronto. they shouldn't cause frame damage, and they will save you lots and lots of money if you have to lay her down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
diddy, i think everyone on this forum will agree with me that sliders are a must. they will not damage your frame, and may in fact protect it, your case covers, and your plastics in the event that you were to go down. it may be one of the cheaper mods for you and could end up saving you money. read about them on this forum, and you should find similar advice.

by the way, nice to have some european perspective on this forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, i think i will buy some. In a german GSX-R Forum, the position about frame sliders is very different. Some say that they can cause frame damages (because of the hard impact), others thay they are a must-have.
And yes, our licence plates are gigantic and we envy yours!
You can do also much more tuning, which is forbidden in Germany (just like the LED Undertail or Motorparts).
Our only advantage is the absent speed limit, especially in Bavaria where I came from.
Diddy

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Just be aware that frame sliders CAN cause frame damage with the right tpe of inpact. I do not recall ever hearing about it happening to anyone in this forum with an 04/05, but it can happen. Why I find funny is people complaining when their sliders get all mashed up or bent at the base...that is what they are there to do. If absorbing the impact bends the base, I'd rather that happen than having the frame bend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, I see i have miscounted me (and that the GSX-R 750 is much more expensive here). Because 11300€ are about 14000$!
But, i think is't just so much, because the € is very high because the $ very low (2 years ago, a dollar was more than an euro).
Diddy

·
Registered
489 Posts
No speed limit. ohhhhhhh. i would trade a huge license plate for that any day. how are the roads out your way? any fun? you should grab some photos of the scenery on a ride and post for us.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
No speed limit. ohhhhhhh. i would trade a huge license plate for that any day. how are the roads out your way? any fun? you should grab some photos of the scenery on a ride and post for us.
+1
You envy our plates but we envy your roads, beer, and women!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts