Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 weeks ago after cleaning her I sprayed a heap of wd40 all over and since then she was running bad like she idels at 1000 or just below and she kept cutting out with the fi light , this was happening alot for a week then less and now today the gas was down to basic empty and I put a gallon in and then she started with the cutting out an fi light heaps, I had to keep switching off the ignition for 2 seconds and then starting her again.

I know I was well to liberal with the wd40 as I buy it in the gallons (it works out cheaper than the spray 500ml bottle that is 10euros here the 5liter is just 20 and comes with the spray bottle)

so also the clutch has been acting weird like she feels heavy on the lever one min then ok then very light, I think the 2 problems are not related but open to suggestions
I know I put my hands into the air intakes and I could feel the wd40, I fuck£$ up with that so I guess it got into the intake and possible the injectors and maybe fouled a plug.
I would have thought the wd40 would be not really harm the fuel/air intake ? she has a pw5 also

any tips bros are much appreciated from hear in Ireland .
I have come across the rust issue in the tank and the tilt switch, error code by clip[ping the white tipped plug for code etc but all this started after I went mad on my wd40 party:hammer

she may not look like a busa, but she smells like a busa and rides like a cruise missal on wheels

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I have no idea what your intentions were with the WD-40 bath,but heres the deal with the clutch: the Busa has a back-torque limiting clutch mechanism. If you get aggressive leaving from a dead stop the clutch lever will act like you described. You could also have a few warped steels in the clutch as well.
Remove the clutch pack,replace with OEM Suzuki fibers/steels and get some HD clutch springs. Eliminate the clutch from acting funky on launch by either welding part #5 together in the schematic
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2000/hayabusa-gsx1300r/clutch-model-k2-k3
Or buy one of these,they both accomplish the same task:
https://store.schnitzracing.com/brocks-clutch-mod-suzuki-gsx1300r-hayabusa-99-18/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImau2zb2n4AIVBUCGCh1PjAiJEAQYAiABEgL7JvD_BwE

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,937 Posts
Sounds like you need to start pulling stuff open and cleaning it up.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
no WD40 isn't going to foul the plug or effect injectors, if I was you I would clean each and every connector and then pack with dielectric grease, being neked like that the plugs have no protection from the wet so its a worth while venture either way, clean them with electrical contact cleaner real good then pack with die electric grease... move on to your stator and R/R check outputs of each, check battery connections, clean and so forth, be sure to go through each and every sensor connector and socket, both ends cleaning and so forth, packing with grease making sure the WD40 isn't creating a short, it will act like water, it conducts so it can be grounding or shorting out connectors, the FI light makes me think its a FI sensor?

did ya go crazy around the TB's and under the tank with that stuff? check your coils at the plug make sure WD isn't fubaring the spark? not likely but may as well check it, check their output, I say that cuz trouble shooting spark is easier than fuel IMHO.. you need pressure gauges n such to trouble shoot fuel, so.... just need a MM for spark

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,958 Posts
I'm not that familiar with the L7 but, off hand, that looks like what's left of the R/R connector.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks lads, sorry for not getting back to ye, but all it was , the tilt sensor was leaning a bit and once I moved the bike she cut power, another lesson learned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts