Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Yellow/black 2006 Gsxr 750
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gixxer community. I figured after many google searches repeatedly routed me to this site it was probably a sign I should just come out of the shadows and join as a member. I got my first GSXR last year, but have been riding for over a decade and this is my 5th and favorite bike so far. I started on a cbr600, and then got a Suzuki TL1000R which gave me more brown stains in my pants than I would like to admit - anybody that has had one knows the stock brakes were not built for that heavy torque monster. Then I had a cbr 1000, and after taking a break for the last couple years I am loving the gsxr so far.
My now wife was getting into bikes when I first started “chasing” her - she learned on another dude’s cbr900 fireblade that I ended up competing with for her attention and I won. Her first bike was a ‘96 cbr900 fireblade and she handled that monster great while it was moving but it was far too heavy of a bike for her at stoplights and slow speeds in hindsight. She now rocks a cbr300r that she got at the same time as I got my 750 and she throws that thing around like a rag doll, and she swears she will never need more power but we will see.
Both of our fathers had bikes in their younger days, I am putting a picture of me on my dads Yamaha that spend my developing years rotting in our backyard hedges. He had a bad accident in the middle of the mountains at night on a road trip by himself and stopped riding after that, and kept me from riding until I was moved out of the house, but here we are.
Anyways, that’s the story. So far, with the help of this forum, I have upgraded my bike horn to a stebel nautilus air horn, I put mirrors w/blinkers back on since I am getting older and don’t care about looking “slick”. I replaced the stator and relocated the r/r to the air box, and wired a voltage display to my cluster, and have added some led marker lights for visibility.
Appreciate all the wisdom, but I will say the search function on this forum is... well it’s not google.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's great to see a family of bikes,, there's nothing better.. All my 3 brothers and I have had and/or still have bikes, for almost 50 yrs now. Funny thing is that they still excite the heck out of me as much as the very first one. When you're riding along at whatever speed on it, you're the sole master of your own destiny in life. There's no other feeling like it. Some dirty little germs put a slight crimp on the riding this year but there's always tomorrow.. Enjoy yourself in here...

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts