Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'99 SVS with \'03 GSX-R1K race plastics (pics inside)

(Posted in GBT as well)

Finally got her ready
My wife's going to ride her for three trackdays next week (my wife's first time at the track).

The fairing is an '03 Gix 1K fibre glass race fairing that I picked up cheap. The windscreen is the stock one from my SRAD
Sits a bit high, but that should add to the wind protection. Pretty scratched too, but I didn't feel like spending 70-80$ on a windscreen when I have one that does the job.

I'm using the SV front fairing stay with some custom side brackets (bent aluminium strips
)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: \'99 SVS with \'03 GSX-R1K race plastics (pics inside)

wow, on the last pic the bike looks like ready to jump on you, pretty cool, you are going to paint the fairing yellow ?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

wow, on the last pic the bike looks like ready to jump on you, pretty cool, you are going to paint the fairing yellow ?
Dunno, that fairing is only for track use - have thought about painting it flat black - way cheaper than color matched yellow

·
Registered
5,716 Posts

NICE!!!!!!!

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Update - the screen is getting Dremmeled a bit down and I just bought an '03 G1K windscreen from BMF - just won't be here before track next week - but it will for next time

·
Registered
43 Posts

haha nice, that windscreen is like whoa... u cant even tuck. lol

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

eww...that windscreen sucks :p

needs a matching tail

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

eww...that windscreen sucks :p

needs a matching tail
I have a G1K windscreen now. The fairing is painted as well, black/yellow. I won't mount it up until next time that bike goes to the track, in September. I've been looking at tails as well, but that would make it take even longer to swap bodywork. Track prepping takes about an hour now, not sure I'd want it to take longer - maybe I should just convert it permanently

The SRAD windscreen it had on then didn't look too bad while moving, though...

It's me riding it in the first pic, my wife in the second - I had my 600 there as well but I couldn't resist taking the SV for a spin anyway...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts