Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
The frame was covered with hard water spots. I wiped it with white vinegar first, then polished it with Chemical Guys water spot remover. This prevented removing the clear coat.

For years of grease and grime I used ZEP cleaner.

I replaced all the bolts with Ti or aluminum. They were all oxidized, and stuck out like a sore thumb on the build.

For the aluminum parts that were oxidized and pitted, I used a table buffer with medium and fine scotch brite wheels, then clear coated the parts. Same with the axles.

I used Chemical Guys metal oxidization remover and polish on the fork stantions.
They had slight rusting so I fine sanded the few spots that had pitting. Came out smooth and looking like new.

The bike was definitely in the rain a lot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've never really ventured beyond the oiler section until today. Really cool build. I thought about building an SRAD until I committed to the oil cooled bikes. You've put a lot of work into the bike. Should be pretty awesome when finished.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Tank and fairings are going to paint next week. While at it, I’m changing the filter attached to the fuel pump. Does this look like the correct one? Looks larger than the original:
Gas Office equipment Machine Bell Motor vehicle

Table Tableware Dishware Rectangle Wood

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Tank and fairings are going to paint next week. While at it, I’m changing the filter attached to the fuel pump. Does this look like the correct one? Looks larger than the original:
View attachment 584244
View attachment 584243
The white replacement filter is taller than the original (usually black) oem filter.

Fits and works well on the carb’d pumps.

I haven’t disassemble an FI pump, but if it fits, it should work well without issues 👍

161 - 180 of 186 Posts