Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
141 - 160 of 191 Posts

· Premium Member
7,865 Posts
jeebus.. by all rights you should be able to go out and handle any 750 comes along, and most 1ks on the short stuff, the good thing about the SRAD in my opinion is the robustness of the chassis, they hadn't began whittling away at it for weight relief so its still stout and can lay it down if you have the proper set up, this set up is bout as good as it can get..

have you done any internal work at all? cams, compression, headwork, roller bearings, balance knife edge and polish crank, sump? I think these motors if worked proper can get near gen1 1k HP but with more revs 2k or so.. that be a damn nasty bike if you have 150 rwhp.. as it is its going to be a mother in the corners and off apex, will need at least 2000ft straight to catch her as is one would imagine she is going to lay it down and spin up very quickly depending on that corner speed to the entry of the straight its going to take a mean beast 1st quarter mile or so, eighth at least, if you massage the engine should hold her own against literbikes and walk middleweights.. what a beast she will be, can't wait man

· Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
No internal work. It will only have header, race airbox, Uni foam filter, and PC 5 tuned.

These bikes ain’t fast IMO, just a good little 750 to bring back nostalgia when I ride it.

I got dedicated track bikes already.

· Premium Member
7,865 Posts
I dunno man, a good running tuned SRAD FI 750 can be mighty grunty, with all those upgrades you prolly weigh at least 40 lbs less, and in all the good spots where she'll spin up much quicker, turn in quicker, absorb flaws less effortlessly, the works.. this one will have to be reckoned with in class..

if a guy had a spare motor he could go balls out on it right down to roller lightened polished knife edged crank, dry sump, uber hi compression, head work, lighten trans, back cut, balance everything to the nut.. you might be surprised the grunt she'll release at that point.. all those electronics are slowing down the field IMHO, no one wants to race anymore, they just want to co-pilot and enjoy the ride..

the SRAD has zero rider aids, perfect..

· Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I may do that with a motor next year. Are the internals still a available?

I would keep it stock bore, and use non-Kit parts of course. Nothing crazy… I would mostly be looking for reliability over max hp/tq output, plus I would upgrade the ECU to an Ingitech unit to get the most out of the motor.

It’s only if I want to go down that rabbit hole again. Engine builds never stick to time or budget.

· Premium Member
7,865 Posts
might need to get the cases line bored for ceramic rollers? maybe go 2 intake cams is it? clean up ports lap valves, shave the barrels and heads bump that compression, HD head bolts, cometic hi comp gaskets.. the crank you can lighten up and knife edge with a grinder, a hand held style metal guys use with the disk type cutter blades, then polish and balance.. all labor you can do, most expensive is the ceramic crank bearings and gasket like a hunnerd each is it? she will RIP for like $500 and some labor well worth it, $80 or so to shave the head and barrels, then prolly want adjustable cam sprockets to dial those in with TDC moved, nuther hunskie so like $500 is it thereabouts? the big money on these is in head work and piston/rods.. heads like $1200, nuther $800 or so for piston/rods whenbuilding inlines..

tranny is dealer's choice stock can definitely handle the power.. if it were drag racing sure undercut them dogs but for the track? meh..

I'd go the cheap route, fact if I can find a spare FI I might do one.. my FI 750 runs good but it looks so bad, like the chassis and swingarm had a chemical spill? nasty not nice like yours, so I wanna clean it up prolly have to powder coat it, then try to build it up similar to yours but go budget, used brake components, new fork and shock work, prolly rebuild the Fox twin clicker? maybe ti wheel fasteners wherever it rotates? have a set of marchesinis need to be repaired, rear sprocket bearing warbled out so I need a race pressed in and dunno if I have the spacers? .. powder coat them same time as frame and swinger

I like a clean stock chassis way better IF its nice and clean like yours, dont care for polished the 600 has that, meh rather have a nice clean stocker

also really want to have a custom stay made, one that comes back from the inside for the mirror stays, get rid of that stay on the tank.. altho it's nice for holding GPS and cup holders what not..lol

141 - 160 of 191 Posts