Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps

Geoff here, 35 years old from West Sussex UK. I passed my test 3 years ago and bought a yamaha mt10 which I really really like. 2.5 years and 14k miles later and I got bored during covid so I just verbally agreed on a new 2020 1000r in blue. Never even seen one in the metal, let alone sat on or rode one. I know it won't be as comfy and as low down torquey as the Mt but I fancy a change. Might have gone for an r1 but I've had a crossplane, and this is a sweet covid deal. Every cloud...

Awaiting paperwork from dealer to sign.

I'm thinking arrow titanium Pro race end can (no remap) , ti oil and rad guards, tank grips, r&g lever guards, bungs and bobbins, maybe some rearsets (I'm 6"2) but possibly not.

That's basically it for the moment.

Cheers

Edit: already in the wrong section. Great start! Mods feel free to move. Ta

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Geoffbot,
Great bike choice. I have a 2018 GSX-R1000A - std bike with ABS etc but same specs where it counts though. I was going to buy an R also but got offered this bike (new of course) for the same price as the GSX-S1000F, just over a year ago. Now how could I ever turn that deal down - I'll tell you when - NEVER...!!! Fantastic bikes...
Anyway, good to see you..
Al

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank Al. Yeah same here - was cheaper than a standard model so I went for the R. Looking forward to it!

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right - got my reg and signed the warranty doc (no finance bits yet but I'm think I'm committed). Mods - talk to me. Anything more than these recommended?

I'm thinking arrow titanium Pro race end can (no remap) , ti oil and rad guards, tank grips, r&g lever guards, bungs and bobbins, maybe some rearsets (I'm 6"2) but possibly not.
Tail tidy, show plate...recommendations on non-drill crash bungs? The r&g are like £230...

Ta

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right - got my reg and signed the warranty doc (no finance bits yet but I'm think I'm committed). Mods - talk to me. Anything more than these recommended?

Tail tidy, show plate...recommendations on non-drill crash bungs? The r&g are like £230...

Ta
Anyone?

Ta

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the 2020 1000R! I've got a 2018 GSX-R1000R in triton blue, and personally, I don't like the idea of passengers on a superbike. So in addition to the vast majority of mod categories that you've already mentioned, I also deleted the passenger seat, went with the genuine Suzuki color matched trunk cover and Evotech muffler bracket/passenger peg block-off kit. I also added Cox Racing axle sliders, CRG RC1 brake/clutch levers, CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors, Driven Racing mirror block-offs, Sato Racing lever guards and Yoshimura engine plugs. And as soon as Australia Post resumes international shipping I'll be installing the Mustard Bikes fender eliminator that I've already ordered. Down the road I'd like to add Lightech chain adjusters and a lithium starter battery (Shorai, Antigravity, etc....).

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Congrats on the 2020 1000R! I've got a 2018 GSX-R1000R in triton blue, and personally, I don't like the idea of passengers on a superbike. So in addition to the vast majority of mod categories that you've already mentioned, I also deleted the passenger seat, went with the genuine Suzuki color matched trunk cover and Evotech muffler bracket/passenger peg block-off kit. I also added Cox Racing axle sliders, CRG RC1 brake/clutch levers, CRG Arrow bar-end mirrors, Driven Racing mirror block-offs, Sato Racing lever guards and Yoshimura engine plugs. And as soon as Australia Post resumes international shipping I'll be installing the Mustard Bikes fender eliminator that I've already ordered. Down the road I'd like to add Lightech chain adjusters and a lithium starter battery (Shorai, Antigravity, etc....).
Thanks! I'm single though so I need a pillion to pick up all those ladies - I might even get a double seat extension so I can carry 2.

Do you have a picture of the oem levers? Can't find one online.

Also, thoughts on no-drill crash bungs?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see your point:D

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the bike when it was brand new/unmodified. So I only have photos of the CRG levers which can be found here:

All I can say is that the stock brake/clutch levers were so long that they hit my CRG bar-end mirrors when engaged. So I had to purchase CRG RC1 shorty levers earlier than planned.

I've used frame sliders on 2 previous bikes, but never crashed on them....so I couldn't tell you how well they work. But if you search around the web, you'll find much debate about their benefits.

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20200523_101442.jpg
20200523_114502.jpg
20200523_095955.jpg
20200523_092928.jpg

Very happy. Won't get bar end mirrors, will get new levers and most of the other things I mentioned above (not rearsets though).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts