Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a L.E.D. style undertail CHEAP for my 99 600? something that looks nice and fits clean. i would appreciate the help. all im finding are in the 400.00 range .

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I got my undertail from FSMD in primer for $250 or so. the LED's are ok. to be more safe and have brightert brake lights,I bought an $8 LED strip from JC Whitney ( click here -> http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=46330&BQ=jcw2 ) and am going to wire it into my brake light. should be cool, pics in a few days when I get to it

here's what my undertail looks like. I had FSMD make the undertail as to cover up the area exposed when the cargo hooks are present, I grinded mine off. I had Joey (best painter ever) hack off the license plate mounting flange you see in the first pic below

come to think of it, if I left the license plate flange on there is would be about perfect size to mount the red LED strip to........ oh well !

[ 04-05-2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: jp233 ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice , very nice, i like your buddies paint work..to bad he isnt in the cali area or i would hit him up for a paint job.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
shit send him your bodywork in the mail !! he will hook you up fatty.... www.joeypsychos.com or call Joey at 201 372 0551

while I'm in the wiring mood I'm wiring up a strobe near my rear shock too

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
most of the undertails are pricey cheapest i found was pyramid..mines the same as jp's fsmd,,289 shipped and painted to my door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts