Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 99 GSXR600 and it's missing the right ram air intake tube and boots, I can't find any online besides the OEM warehouse sites and I'd hate to pay over a $100 for the whole thing. Does anyone have one laying around? or does a new model fit? I.E 2000 GSXR750?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
They’re expensive, bite the bullet or go for a fiberglass aftermarket option. Or attempt to make one yourself with cloth and resin or plastic and rubber.

Even busted up OEM used ones that can be cleaned up and repaired just cost a pretty penny.

Airtech sells a cheaper fiberglass option.

More expensive is overseas blaha racing that will make a set in material and color of choice fiberglass/carbon/kevlar. Also expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
honestly its well worth getting both new ram air tubes n gaskets, its a lot of money I know but they look good and perform great, most used wont have tabs and look shoddy, very difficult to find in tact nice looking tubes n gaskets and if you do they cost almost as much as new, new will always be better as plastic degrades over time being heat cycled so even in tact they wont be as strong, if your bike is clean go new, you wont be disappointed money well spend as the ram air is very functional, specially around mid range...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts