Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I got the bike back from the shop and my friend rode it home. After we got home we shut the bike off and later on tried to start the bike up again. It didnt start, we pushed start it a few times and it started right up. Shut the bike off again and it wouldnt start. We figured the battery. My lazy butt didnt get around to get a new battery until 3 weeks later. I put the new battery in and I would just hear the starter but the bike wouldnt turn over. My friend told me to shake the bike a little because there might not be any gas in the fuel pump. After I shook the bike a little it started up but once I let go of the throttle it dies out. I put the choke on but it still doesnt stay on. I highest it will rev to is 5k but the bike will still die. Im new to this bike scene anyone have a clue what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
While we wait for the xperts to reply....

I reckon your carbs needs a cleaning. It seems like something is blocked in there which is causing the fuel shortage.

A while back, i left my bike for about 10 days, and when i started her up, she was stuttering around 6-7000rpm. After riding it for 5km's or so, it cleared up and is running fine. So there's an example of crap getting clogged up in the jets of the carbies.

If that isnt it, it may be crap in tank which is clogging up the strainer on the fuel pump assemblly. It's worthwhile to empty the tank and check the condition of the strainer and put some fresh juice in.

KaTz

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
hey check out my post a couple back about it, my post is gsxr600 crapping out, let me know if it seems like the same problem, let me know thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts