Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
a little on the more powerful side. but overall i think it is a good bike.

definitly not the bike for comfort.

i started on a 93 cbr600.. dropped it twice, layed it out at 15mph once, when learning.. it was a good bike to learn on, a very comfortable bike for sure.

good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
i had ridden alot of bikes, everything from 600's, 1000's, and harleys, but the first bike i bought was a 98 600. i think its a good first bike if you know what your doin and dont act like a dumb shit on it. my view is there is no point in buying a katana or something just to trade it for a r bike in a year cause you realize after three months of riding it that its a slow peice of shit. everytime you sell a bike to get another you will probably lose some money. just keep your head out of you ass. stupid people give you "new guys" a bad rep.

·
Registered
737 Posts
what have you ridden before? if you have never ridden a motorcycle do not buy an R bike. you'll spend a fortune fixing it after you wreck it multiple times.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
i think its a good first bike if you know what your doin
Contradiction of the year... If you're a new rider, you DON'T know what you are doing...

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
i think its a good first bike if you know what your doin
Contradiction of the year... If you're a new rider, you DON'T know what you are doing...
But I'm an old rider and I don't know what I'm doing (as evidenced by my escapade in t1 @ Summit last weekend) so where does that leave me?

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
There still fast though (see sig, 98/600 doin about 110)

I say get a more naked bike like a GS500, SV650, Nighhawk ect) You will save a lot of$$ on plastics when you drop her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts