Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gixxer is not giving its all, firsdt thought it was a fuel injection problem but got past that now onto electrical....which seems to be the problem..if i kick up the rpms to far it stall usually around 8 thousand...regulator?...im new to the street bike scene rode dirt before not to sure what to replace here...gimme some input
nick
clermont

·
Registered
43 Posts
ok, this happened to my 97, around 7-8000 it would start bogging and sputter and die, turned out to be the kickstand switch, at higher rpms it vibrated just enough to disengage the switch and kill the motor. Check it out

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
give a little more details ?
does this happen when sitting still free-revving or just on highway or road

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea it is kinda common for the side stand switch to do this... If you trace the wires up and fin the pulg, you can un plug it and then jump the two wires with something like a paper clip... then see if it still does it.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope standing still it revs nicely into redline.its when im going down the road and gas it or pull in the clutch and rev the engine it stalls, i just cleanes my air filter for the hell of it and today it was running almost normal but a little hesitant still no stalling though
could a little dirt in the air filter cause this ?
it was not that dirty
nick

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I doubt the small amount af dirt in the filter would cause this. It seem like you have a sensor going bad.. I would try and cut out the side stand sensor.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts