Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though it may sound terribly convenient to say I think the 1999 GSXR600R is about THE all around best year of the GSXR series motorcycles. From the BIG body fairings to the dual headlights the styling is truly iconic reminding me a little of the legendary Ducati 916. I strongly dislike the miniaturization of everything on today's 2019 Gixxer. The mini flashlight headlight, the tiny fairing, the toy instrumentation, the blinding over - glossed paint - All turn me off. In fact if I won the lottery I'd totally refurbish my '99 & not buy a new model.... Believe it or don't.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
Wrong.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Hey, if it's your preference and you love it, that's all that matters* :cheers
I too love the old dual headlights but for me, it's gotta be a slabby.

*provided the bike is in good running order

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
You remind me of that guy on Craigslist who is dying to sell his bike and puts up ONE picture of 1/4 of said bike. :facepalm

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You remind me of that guy on Craigslist who is dying to sell his bike and puts up ONE picture of 1/4 of said bike.
You remind me of THAT guy with a 1/4 of a brain demonstrating his stupendous intellect with a dumbass unneeded response that proves nothing but to show how much of an idiot he truly is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You remind me of THAT guy with a 1/4 of a brain demonstrating his stupendous intellect with a dumbass unneeded response that proves nothing but to show how much of an idiot he truly is.
Shots fired :monkeyface

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You remind me of that guy on Craigslist who is dying to sell his bike and puts up ONE picture of 1/4 of said bike. :facepalm
Kinda like the fat girls who only post a pic from the shoulders up on those dating sites so ya cant see the rest of their body :lmao

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
It wasn't a FOR SALE ad.
Yes,we all know that it was not a for sale ad. Lighten up it's all in fun; it's your bike and as long as you're happy with it who cares what anyone says? ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
:spit

Kinda like the fat girls who only post a pic from the shoulders up on those dating sites so ya cant see the rest of their body :lmao
They just show you their pretty eyes. :lmao

So we know two things about the new guy:

1) He has remarkably thin skin
2) He's obviously as old as we are if he's up at this ungodly hour
Yup. The type to get fired from the job and come back and KILL EVERYBODY!

It wasn't a FOR SALE ad.
:facepalm

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
Wow, what a week for new guys :facepalm

Oh, I just read on the news that there was a break-out from the douchebag asylum.

If nothing else the internet really shows how little empty some people's lives are
So that's why you joined-up?

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are plusses to owning a classic like mine. In fact I've read of actual pro racers who prefer carb'ed over fuel injection. Although on cold mornings FI is a heckuva lot better than feathering a choke for ten minutes until 175 degrees is reached.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
9 Participants
Monolith
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing