Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, did a search 1st, didnt come up w anything.....
1999 750 fuel filter

I guess that it is located in the tank. I got a price from the local bike shop and the price was $42.00 for the filter!!!!
Has anyone here replaced one on there FI 98 or 99 GSXR? My bike now has 13,000 miles just wonderin if i should replace it or not?

Thx all

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
doOd, i live where the shittyest gas in the world is sold, i have to replace the filters in my cages every 1-2 years..but i havent changed the one in my 98 ...yet..i have 33k on her.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can't find a recommended service interval in the service manual anyway!!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
there is no specified service interval for that part. It doesn't need to be replaced unless it gets clogged, and if it does, you'll experience symptoms of fuel starvation (the severity of which determined by how much it's clogged). If it does get clogged, usually all you have to do is blow it clean with compressed air.

I just had a customer who had to buy one because his had literally rotted away (lots of sitting around). It's insane what they charge for those filters. if you ever do have to buy one, go through ron ayers & you'll get the best price... still expensive, but cheaper than anywhere else. But in most instances they last forever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.