Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'99 750 cuts off when riding

I know it's not much to go on but I'm desperate to fix the problem. It started as a once in a blue moon problem but gradually got worse. Now every time I ride, the bike will just die. I pull over and it starts back with mild to no hesitation.

Should I unplug the PC2?

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Re: \'99 750 cuts off when riding

check these things...fuel tank for rust! also check your fuel filter as well as your fuel pump..these are common problems tot he symptoms you mentioned.

J

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

are you getting a FI error???, is the red led flashing????????

ifso, engage dealer mode (read into it on this site) and find the problem

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think the FI light comes on when it dies, but I start the bike up and the light goes away.

I wish I could figure out if it's the fuel system or the electrical system.

·
Registered
45 Posts

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I took it to a mechanic, he told me that he blow the lines and the clean the carberator. I couldn't tell you exactly what he did, but he didn't do any major repair work at all beside just cleaning the system. He was thinking that there might have been something stuck inside until he blew it out with compressed air. After that, the bike is running normal again with no problem.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

like Pimpin My Gixxer said check the fuel tank for rust,just lift the gas cap and shine a flashlight in there
if the tank has rust in it ,the bike will stop mostly on a constant throttle,it feels as though its running out of gas
ride safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts