Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got the tranny ratios for a 98 SRAD 750 kicking around? I went for a cruise tonight, and touched off 11,000 RPM in 6th gear, looked down at the speedo, and it indicated about 150 km/h... Now, just from previous experience, and sheer seat of the pants, this was WAY off... in that range last year I was indicating up over 250 km/h... on the same note, anyone have any idea where I might look to fix said problem? I'm guessing that a magnetic pickup somewhere is only receiving a fraction of the signals it should be... where is the pickup on these? I seem to remember something about it on the front sprocket.... All your help is much appreciated...

...Steve...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Ah, ive got the ratios, but 150km\hr in 6th @ 11000 rpm is just waaaaay off. And i think u might be right about the signal from the countershaft sprocket.

Ive heard GSXRfreak [and others] mention this... the speedo sensor might be loose at the sprocket cover. Or maybe there's something wrong with the rotor. Remove the sprocket cover and have a look and see if they're aligned.

Im sure the others will give a better suggestion, but i think most of them are asleep at the mo...

Nite shifting [relative to American Time Zones].

KaTz

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i can give you the ratios:
1st..3.625
2nd..1.950
3rd..1.565
4th..1.363
5th..1.227
6th..1.120
this is with stock 44/16 sprockets..final reduction ratio 2.750

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yea it's, about, 1.75.
At 11,000RPM in top you should be doing 240kmPH or 150MPH. Is your speedo switchable between kmPH and MPH? Just a thought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for any interested, I figured out what I did... I broke one of the tabs off the "shaft speed sensor" when I had taken the fron sprocket cover off for inspection.. I completely forgot about the fact that I'd written myself a note on my workbench to replace it... Found the note today... DOH! Thanks for all your help.

...Steve...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts