both mine are on...sounds like u may have a bad connector

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
both mine are on...sounds like u may have a bad connector

·
Registered
617 Posts
bad connector. I checked mine once and one of the prongs and snapped off.

Might want to take a test light to the connectors.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Yep, Should be both shinning brite. Like up above check the connectors for corosion & prongs on the bulbs. Good luck

·
Registered
321 Posts
At least you have one dim on. I am too cheap to replace the bulbs, so I must ride with my highbeams on at all times.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
both of mine are on

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 98 gixxer 750 has only one headlamp on low but both on high and my friends 96 750 has both on on low ? I replaced the bulb and also tried swaping and replacing fuses, or mabe im just on crack but I thought she had both headlights on at the same time

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah bud... they're both supposed to be lit at all times. No Suzuka-Look on these unless you have a trick switch to do that on demand put in place.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think some Yamahas come stock with one light working on low beam. You have to buy an aftermarket part to make both lights work on a Fazer 600. Have seen som Gixxer 1000s going around with only one light bulb on. BTW both lights on my 750 work all the time (as it is a US import, it has no on/off switch for headlights).

Raz

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well found the problem, the jack arse who owned the bike before me had all the wires routed incorrectly and the braded brake "saw" hoses was grounding out that relay.
I had to put another new bulb in though... It was like it worked for a while then when the hose grounded the wire it blew the bulb every time I put a new one in ? WTF...
Anyway just glad its fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts