Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it might be clogged just wanna know what it is before I start ripping off hoses to spray with the air compressor. HAving some major flooding and bogging issues here. needles and seats are fair condition.
Setting floats at +/- 8mm at HIGHEST point OR to the seam? makes a difference by few mm. higher float height means less fuel in bowl to lower flood.
My tank had a little handful of rust in it that I was able to pull out with a magnet.. that might clog the floats?
anyway those bowl vent hoses? what are those how can I identify them? I know their purpose is to keep the bowls from creating a vacuum.

sam

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,073 Posts
Dude...you don't need to open up a new thread, every time you have another question about your bike's particular issues.
Stick to the SRAD section, that's where knowledgeable SRAD folks like "Twisted Mister" will be more likely to answer your SRAD specific questions, not in a General section.
It's easier to troubleshoot your issues, if one can follow all of the plot twists, the progress, the setbacks etc in one thread, not scattered about.

I don't know what you mean by the seam, I use the machined horizontal surface to measure off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude...you don't need to open up a new thread, every time you have another question about your bike's particular issues.
Stick to the SRAD section, that's where knowledgeable SRAD folks like "Twisted Mister" will be more likely to answer your SRAD specific questions, not in a General section.
It's easier to troubleshoot your issues, if one can follow all of the plot twists, the progress, the setbacks etc in one thread, not scattered about.

I don't know what you mean by the seam, I use the machined horizontal surface to measure off.
Oh shit I didn’t realize that. My bad everyone that’s annoying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts