Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'98 Performance

Could anyone tell me if they know of any perfaomance mods that can be done to a '98 gsx-r other than a pipe and quarter twist throttle, that is not overly expensive?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Re: \'98 Performance

do you want it alphabetically, numerically, or waht????

try searchin this section of the site....there's a wealth of lil goodies todo to her....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

Originally posted by JnrMan:
Could anyone tell me if they know of any perfaomance mods that can be done to a '98 gsx-r other than a pipe and quarter twist throttle, that is not overly expensive?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">whats a quarter twist throttle??

get sprokets, cheapest best bang for the best i think.

·
Registered
4 Posts

basicly its exactly what it says it is. you go from idle to wot in a 1/4 of a turn
mostly only used in racing appliacations since it makes adjusting your speed a little harder to do on the street

but good question who makes a 1/4 turn for a 98 gsxr i would like to get for my bike

[ 08-24-2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: just another cracker ]

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts

Not sure if they make them, I've only heard of them for dirt bikes.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

check vortex, yosh, etc........ maybe anyone who offers clip on replacemnt bars............

the yosh book of speed doesnt have em, but i bet LP does!!

or dennis kirk!!

sms

·
Registered
428 Posts

nope on the ems system from yoshi for the 98-99...only the new generation 600-750-1000...you are stuck with the pcII and thats it...not that its bad or anything

G

·

how you doin mate...

in terms of inexpensive, the TRE mod does wonders for our bike, i can vouch for that...

with the bolt on and K&N i then went to get a remap which and the difference from before and after was remarkable. seat of the pants power was up and also throttle response and poewr delivery was better.

got 5 hp after a map....and have 119hp at the
wheel

you can look up the pair mod, some have modded the airbox

you can always improve on your brakes also....braided lines better pads....

where abouts in Aust. are you?

·
Registered
788 Posts

The best bang for buck is the the yoshimura stage-1 cams, I am selling mine for $300 shipped, ($700+ retail). +6 hp from 6krpm to redline and they are easy to install.
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts