Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a 32 yr old father of 2, who is finally workin on his dream of ridin....i picked up another job for the summer just so i can buy 1 outright,,,,ive researched many diiferent bikes and the 98gsxr 750 seems to be the 1 that appeals to me the most...the styling is the most appealing with the r1 close behind...but i dont want a 1000 to be my first bike...and yamaha only makes a 6 or 1..and i dont want a kawasaki or a honda..just wanna know from u guys if im makin a wise decision..

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i have one, its rock solid..and as fast now as the new 600's..
there was only 1 recall on it and should have a green sticker inder the fuel tank.

call suzuki to verify the recall was done..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ur sayin when im shoppin for 1 to make sure there is a green sticker underneith the tank to make sure the work was done?from what i've seen in the nyc, nj, and ct area a 98 usually goes around 4 grand...seems right to u guys? i ve seen 1 for 3600 with 12000 miles....whats the thresh hold u guys thimk i should be lookin for as far as milage......i

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i have 33k on mine, runs as strong today as when i bought it new..
lift the tank up and look for the sticker, or ask the owner...or call suzuki.

im sure its been done....couldnt tell you how much there worth, look at a cycle trader..

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
depends on what YOU want..i had a 93.very simular to the 91..and i have a 98..i like'em both..
but the 98 is far better a bike, just like the 0-whatever is better than the 98...

get what you want..we cant pick the bike out for you..

good luck..

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
yep id say so..i can pull up on a 600 on a straight away..but from a standing start..it would be pretty even..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what if i coudnt afford an 01 600...is a 97,98,99 600 any good...ive been readin these forums for 3 days now and all i see is that us newbs should stick with a 600....ive even read the majority say that ...that may even b to much....im not interested in keepin up with the big boys....my day will come when im ready...if it eva does...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.