Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K guys I need some serious help.. I was on my way to Laguna Seca when my bike started to act up.. it was hot as hell that day. I didn't have my instrument cluster on the bike.. it was diconnected.. that was stupid, so my headlights weren't working either.. I rode about 80 miles before I started to have something weird happen.. The bike kept losing power, then gaingin power than losing power, and also a lot of backfiring.. what could cause this?? You guys were right about my warped rotor.. 100%..
Another thing that was weird was that i blew a fuse.. so i couldn't start up at all.. I thought it was a temperature related issue since it was running fine in cooler areas.. the bike was running way hotter than usual. I have full coolant.. and the only thing that was missing was the instrument cluster so the bike didn't know how hot it was, without a temp gauge.. Anyone got any ideas as to why my bike loses power and backfires a lot and gains and loses power while riding?? it happens more so in the higher gears.. Please help me. I just want this piece of shit to work again..

I never made it to Laguna Seca, money wasted, time wasted, bike is fucked.. Please help me PLEASE!
Thanks in advance,
REID

ALSO : i am noticingin that the pressure in my front brakes drops sometimes when i am riding hard.. could it be because of a warped rotor?? it's not as bad as my last warped rotor but it's got the same symptoms.. also Will riding around with a warped rotor and a good rotor damage the good rotor???
Please reply asap! thanks

[ 07-14-2002, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: reidisaki ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i would think its in the lack of the control center, aka the instrument panel (maybe it completes the circuit???)

dunno , but did you try pluggin it back in and see the results????? that'd be the first thing id try....

scott

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope i get more replies this week.. I jsut hope it's because it's the weekend.. I need to nkow whats wrong though! thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
plug all your wiring back in.
check fuses spark plugs coils. Might have to take your CDI to the shop to get tested . CDI might be out . Find abuddy with the same bike take his CDI out and plug it in your see if you get the same effects. If it runs well then pick up CDI from ebay or here.

Next is the timing might be off take off the side cover check location of your cams and timing rotor.

Hope its just that and nothing wrong inside your engine.

peace

wicked eye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts