Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what is needed for the complete swap. the 98/99 750 motors are fuel injected right? wondering how that would work on the 600 frame. also, would the 750 ECU be needed? What parts re interchangeable between the motors? My friend is wanting to do the swap in his 600, so i thought i'd ask for him. you guys are always helpful, so thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Do a search in this forum you will find your answer

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
You'll probably need the 750 ecu... but I think the wiring harness is the same...
The guy that rides the 750 here did the same swap. e-mail him and ask:
http://www.d-aces.com

The side covers on the motors are interchangable, along with the alternator coil. Sprocket, and I think that's it besides the oil filter and various nuts and bolts. The oil pan is probably the same too...
The 750 will bolt straight into the 600 frame and should plug up to it's wiring harness no problem. The exhausts are also the same... I'm just not sure about the ECU, that's all...

[ 08-23-2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: skid-mark ]

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
to put the FI motor,

you need the motor itself, complete wiring harness, gauges, ECU, FI tank (or you can modify a carbed tank, but you still need the FI fuel pump anyways), throttle bodies, airbox, and all the vaccuum hoses etc....

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
jp said it...u need the complete motor from airbox down. wireing harness, ecu, guages, fi tank or fi fuel pump and modify your stock tank. its a direct bolt in so once u have the parts its only about a 5-6 hour job...have a buddy help you the mounths are kinda tricky to line up if your alone.

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah... it will all work, but you do need the ecu, harness, sensors, cams, valve cover, fuel pump, and I think that's it. I have all that stuff and am converting my 96' to FI from a 98'. I do have a swingarm and rear shock complete for a 750 if you want it. Should fit. But it will cost something. Please refer to me though by the want ads. I'm not really trying to sell in here. Just wanted to give quick heads up on what you'll need. I'd consult a 750 manual though too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts