Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do fork seals this weekend. I've got all my new parts sitting in front of me and I was just needing a few things answered before I start. I have done conventional forks before but this is my first try at upside down forks. I need to know how much for oil goes in each leg for starters. Also, does anybody have an exploded view of a fork leg I could see? I have the pictures of a fork seal job that was posted here some time ago. It was a step by step deal with pictures taken at each step but it would still be nice to have the exploded view from Suzuki. I don't have a seal driver but I can make one of those at work so I am not real concerned about that. I priced the Suzuki one and it was like $350 so I figured I will make one before I spend that kind of cabbage. So, if anybody has some pictures or advice I would really like to hear from ya!

P.S.
Bike did pretty well, 26,000 miles on it now and one seal finally went south.

Thanks!

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
front fork oil capacity (each leg) 480 ml (16.2/16.9 US/Imp oz)
i can fax you a exploded view..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
you can get a seal driver for about 50 from motion pro... I make them out of PVC pipe...

You should not need to do anything other then sets that I listed in the tips and tricks section. "Fork Service - How To" i think is the name of it...

If you have any questions please let me know.

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fork seals are in and the job was a success. Thanks so much spongebob for the exploded view. That worked out perfectly and was a great reference for me so that I made sure everything was in the correct order. GSXR-Freak your help was also appreciated. I went to my local Honda shop where I have alot of friends and just borrowed their seal driver. They had about 5 or 6 of them so I just grabbed the one that fit my application. Forks are all clean now after about 3 cans of parts cleaner and the front end feels much better. Next project will be steering head bearings. They are starting to clunk and that will be another weekend project before to long. Once again thanks to all. I knew I could count on some of my friends here to help on short notice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts