Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Gixxer and I just have to say you guys are really great for helping us young guns out. Thanks.
My question has to do with interchangability of parts on my steed. Is there a reference that I can use to get an idea of what years/models of parts I can use on my bike both cosmetically and mechanically?

FLA-USA

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
For body parts, any of the srad's parts will do. The 600 and 750 are identical in plastics. Rear rim on the 600 is half an inch narrower, but it'll fit. Suspension is different between the 600 and 750, but interchangeable. So are engine parts, water pump, starter, etc. '98/'99 750's are fuel injected, so the ecu, fuel pump, airbox are different. This is a simple guide, if you want specifics just ask around, there are guys here that are very knowledgable...

·
Registered
2 Posts
so dropping a 750 carb'd motor into a 600's frame would be that easy? Meaning that you wouldn't have to change the all the airbox,fuel pump, etc? Anyone know how much a good used 750 carb'd motor would run?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by Lawnarjax:
I'm new to the Gixxer and I just have to say you guys are really great for helping us young guns out. Thanks.
My question has to do with interchangability of parts on my steed. Is there a reference that I can use to get an idea of what years/models of parts I can use on my bike both cosmetically and mechanically?

FLA-USA
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">-Your bike will interchange parts with 'most' any '97 to '00 GSXR 600's.

-The '99 and '00 600 and have a different rear sprocket size

- the CA version has a different Intake Cam, Carb and ECU from the rest of the 49 states

- Your bike will interchange with 'most' non-engine parts of the '96 to '99 GSXR 750's. Some of the 750 differences include:

---- Front Shocks (750 is inverted shocks)
---- Upper and Lower Triple Clamps (wider diameter)
---- Clip-ons (wider diameter)
---- Swingarm (braced, bolt-on interchangeable with 600)
---- Rear Rim (750 is slightly wider)

Hope that helps.

[ 09-06-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: migz123 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts