Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 srad 600 runs fine as long as i baby it. but if i get on it hard it backfires dies and comes back on a few seconds later. nothin seems to solve the problem i had the valves adjusted cause it was time for it, completly rebuit the carbs and changed the spark plugs. cant find anything else wrong with it. need some ideas please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens at 9000 rpm or higher and only 2nd gear and up rarely in first. cant go over 95-100 cause it backfires if i try to speed up at all at that speed

·
Registered
737 Posts
The first thing I'd do is change the plugs again. It's possible that you could have gotten a bad one and it isn't firing properly. Did you follow the manual when you rebuilt the carbs?

·
Registered
352 Posts
lol tangy he stole your bike!!! just playn... I would try another set of carbs. Borrow a set from a friend with a srad. It may not be the problem but its one less cause..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the carbs on it are a diffrent set i have 2, rebuilt the spare and put them on. problem stayed will the diffrent carbs. will try diffrent plugs. a friend said maybe the bike was runnin lean and to move the clip on the needle or put a spacer on it could that help?

·
Registered
144 Posts
the carbs on it are a diffrent set i have 2, rebuilt the spare and put them on. problem stayed will the diffrent carbs. will try diffrent plugs. a friend said maybe the bike was runnin lean and to move the clip on the needle or put a spacer on it could that help?
If it happens with both carbs then it is probably a fuel delivery problem. Check your fuel pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts