Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to upgrade the already ok forks, just ohlins springs and revalved to suit your wieght and riding ($200 ish??)

if you want the inverted forks, the 750 ones with top/bottom yolks will go straight on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 1997 GSXR600, and I'm curious about new forks made by people like Ohlins etc. Does anyone make and inverted fork for the GSXR600?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey Fire-Wire, just so you know..your bike is so light in the front, and well balanced, there is really no reason to get inverted front forks. Usually only bigger bikes have them, cuase they are front-heavy, so need the extra bit of absorbtion. Of course, I am kind of out of it right now, and just might have no idea what I'm talking about!
You decide!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by dan uk:
to upgrade the already ok forks, just ohlins springs and revalved to suit your wieght and riding ($200 ish??)

if you want the inverted forks, the 750 ones with top/bottom yolks will go straight on.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you'll need the clipons too

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
do you get performance bikes magazine in canada??
this month they have a gsxr600 and they take you step by step (with pics) how to revalve forks
- they use race tech springs and ultra slick fluid

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Welp...I had my ole 97 600 forks revalved, and resprung by www.circuit1.com They were soooooooo plush on the road, yet on the track under heavy braking, there wasn't any diving ect..Also, make sure to have your SAG set up..Another way to make your bike handle better, is to raise the rear ride hieght 6mm, this will make it turn sooooo much faster, and easier in the faster turns..

·
Registered
645 Posts
That is so true Hammer.. I my bike was raced by a mechanic and he had his settings pretty low, but the ass end was level when I sat on it. So basically I raised the rear a little bit and put a circuit 1 rear spring on at the same time per my weight added to the bike... and it allowed me to dip right in on my 750 real well. Still have a little tuning I think. I want to take a course on how to read my bike and adjust suspension eventually. I think that will help a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts