Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97\' Mods

I just bought a 97' gsxr 750 and would like to perform some simple mods. I was thinking of the airbox mod but I'm not sure about rejetting. How difficult is it to rejet and what jets should I use. Are there any special tools needed to pull the carbs or to adjust them. I have a mercury sync tool. Any advise on this mod or any other ones that would help my bike.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: 97\' Mods

phillips screw driver(long one (2)10 inch wrench pliers allens to remove seat or 10mm socket. should be all tools you need to get carbs off simple mods are pipe jetkit and sprocket change that sprocket change gives no more hp just quicker response

·
Registered
141 Posts
Re: 97\' Mods

Well I have a 98 750 so I can't help you with the rejet but I can tell you that changing the sproket will give you good results. Won't give you power but will help with the gearing. I have a full Hindle exhaust and K&N filter on mine with +2 sproket in the back and a TRE (Timing retard eleminator but that only applies to fuel injected Gixxers) and I have amazing results with this setup so I say get a full exhaust, K&N and a jet kit and a sproket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts