Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bike's been garaged for the winter, and now it all begins.

i have to rebuild my engine... and now the question is... when you do a stock 748 rebuild, do you have to go oversized rings... and what exactly does deglazing mean....

also... what if there are scratches in the cylinder block... what are the options then?

hope to see some serious gixxer wisdom here...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
What you can do is spend the cash 250 or so and getthe cylinder sleeves sent off to get re-nikal sealed.Cylinders are coated to help slow down the wearing process then maybe buy some pistons from J&E pistons. those run are 300 or so. you can go bigger size which is the 791 for a little more hp to your bike or you can go with the 749 pistons that carry a little more compression as well then buy head gasket from commetics. now your heart of your bike should be okay. If you want you could just take apart and send parts to cycle concepts or Gsxr zone they ought to help you as well. I hope that was a help to you. The less expensive way is to search the board all winter until you find someone with a cyclinder sleeve for sale then someone with a piston kit and take your chances, but why do that your down for the winter no how
Oh yeah If you do decide to purchase a cylinder sleeve of the internet swap meet then try to get a 98 or 99 750 cylinders better one and will match to your bike as well

[ 11-14-2002, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: audi1031 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts