Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read on ebay that you could put a 2001 or 2002 gsxr engine into a 1997 gsxr 600 frame. is this true?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
you CAN do anything.. How much money do you want to spend...

There was a guy on e-bay selling a 99 750 I think it was, with a 1K motor in it..

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Do you have any plans for the motor mounts?? I would love to do this but I dont have the time and money just yet... So I thought I could start with the mounts if you have plans for them...

THanks..

John

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Originally posted by gixxertrixster:
I did the 1k conversion into my 97' and I assume the newer 600 and 750 motors have similar mounting points as the 1k motor as the frames look the same on the newer models. You would more than likely have to do what I did and make your own motor mounts. Here are some pics of the mounts.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Forks and calipers also ???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Do you have any plans for the motor mounts?? I would love to do this but I dont have the time and money just yet... So I thought I could start with the mounts if you have plans for them...

THanks..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry... I didn't draw up any plans... I just kinda started by measuring to see exactly where the 750 motor sat in the frame, jacking the motor up into the frame, lined up the sprockets and removed material from the motor at the lower mount so it would fit in the original mount on the frame. Bolted it in at the bottom, then proceeded to get the motor at the correct angle so the air box would line up with the ram air in the frame and from there I built the other mounts to fit the mounting holes in the frame and motor. It took a bit of frigging around but it turned out well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is the 1k engine fuel injected or is it carbs. i want fuel injection for my race bike which has a blown engine.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Hey man... Its all good..
Just thought I would save time if you had them..

Maybe if I do this I will make up the plans and talk to my friend about making some kits...

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
She's a fuelly daddy!

and GSXR-freak if you were to put out some kits, I have no doubt that they would sell well, I know that there is alot of wrecked 1k's out there and alot of SRAD lovers hungry for more power!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did the 1k conversion into my 97' and I assume the newer 600 and 750 motors have similar mounting points as the 1k motor as the frames look the same on the newer models. You would more than likely have to do what I did and make your own motor mounts. Here are some pics of the mounts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts