Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96-99 srad forks/wheels on \'92 750???

I have a potential deal on a complete 96-99 gsxr 750 srad front end complete, wheel, clamps, calipers brakes,clipons, fender, and the complete rear wheel with cush and disk, what this worth, and what will it save on weight versus the stock '92 750 parts???

[ 12-30-2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: gsxr12161216 ]

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Re: 96-99 srad forks/wheels on \'92 750???

I know the back wheel is at least 4 pounds lighter than stock. The front is a couple pounds lighter too. Don't know about the rest of the stuff but they have to be lighter. The value i would say is around $1200 just guessing.

could be more

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I never weighed my original front wheel on my `89 before I swapped it out - the weight-savings was immediately obvious from the saddle though. The rear wheel/cush/rotor assy. all together was 6lbs lighter than the 5.5" "twisted spoke" wheel/cush/rotor according to my scales.

[ 12-30-2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So for $750 i beter buy these parts then right?

It should all bolt up with minimal fabrication right?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

HHMMM?? i did some research, i will lose my speedo drive by doing this swap???? I really want to have a speedo, and use the srad wheels and brakes and forks. Anyone got a way to keep the speedo?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

There's simply not enough room in there with the new style wheels to use a cable-type speedo-drive. I used a sigma cycle-computer on mine - the most difficult part about that was rigging a light for illumination. It might also be possible to fit a late-model speedo if you can figure a way to get a signal to it and calibrate it... that was more involved than I wanted to tackle.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts

FastCat said:

- the most difficult part about that was rigging a light for illumination.
Hey FastCat

How did you rig it so you can see it at night?

Steven <font color="red"> </font>

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

95Yosh750 said:

FastCat said:

- the most difficult part about that was rigging a light for illumination.
Hey FastCat

How did you rig it so you can see it at night?

Steven <font color="red"> </font>
I used an LED and twisted some lockwire around it and secured the lockwire to the bracket that holds the sigma-mount. It vibrates some, but not enough to notice... it's also infinitely-adjustable
Hey, it works and doesn't look bad at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts