Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is there any difference between the bottom ends on the 96 and 99 750 motors? Reason I ask, Ive got the offer of a cheap bottom end and gearbox for my 96 with a shagg3d gearbox but its from a 99, will it fit ok or should I just get the box?

Thanks

Rgds

N|nj

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If the 99 parts are going into the 96 you should be fine.. They are just updated parts.. If you put the 96 parts into a 99 motor you SHOULD be ok but there may be a few changes.

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh its 99 bottom end onto a 96 bike. How much work is it to change the bottom end and box? Is it any easier to just change the gearbox and sell on the rest of the bottom end.

Thanks again John, u da man

Rgds

N|nj

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well I would need to know what you call the bottom end... And the box...

Are you trying to fix a problem?

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just really to cure this 5th gear prob. Is it not gonna be easier to change the whole box rather than forks and gearox internals alone?

Thanks again

N|nj

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the whole box.. Just do the guts...

John

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've never done the gearbox.. but what does it cost to replace certain parts of the gearbox? Does anyone have any idea about the usual wear and tear parts? Just curious. I never priced them out.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Normal stuff if you open the botom of the motor (whole rebuild) is about 700 in parts... maybe 800... But if you just open the gearbox and not the crank bearing (but you should if you are that far), you would expect to spend about 450 or so... The bearings in the crank and rods and the rod bolts cost a ton...

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts