Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\'96 1100 Carburetor question...

I suspect gumming in my carbs. I have tried numerous cleaning products and none seem to fix my performance issue. I did not really want to do this but it looks like I will have to remove the carbs and do a proper cleaning.

My question is: Will I inadvertantly change any settings on the carbs simply be removing and cleaning them?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: \'96 1100 Carburetor question...

you'll probabaly unbalance them a touch by removing the them, and the cables etc. Though unless you had them balanced recently then they probabaly arnt totally in sync anyway so you wont notice any change after you put them back on. Go for it

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

Yeah, just take only what's necessary off. And those liquid cleaners are only meant to be a preventive maintenance measure, not clean gummed up carbs to shinny new appearence. You would have still needed to clean them, eventually. It's not a bad idea to throw some in for PM twice a year or so.
As long as you dont touch the set screws on the linkage between the carbs there shouldn't be any change in synch, just throttle play.

EDGE_

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the input. I tried "Gum-Out" today and the bike seems to run a little better....or maybe I just don't want to take the carbs off....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts