Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find one of these? I took the side farings off my 1100 to take the motor out and can't find the bolts. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
anything for a quick disconnect set?

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive seen those but im not too fond of em, may use em if its a last resort... i ran across a site once that carried in all different colors...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I found a ad in this months Cycle World for Chaparral motorsports that has a 150 piece hex bolt kit listed for $44.99, it is available in seven different colors. I thnk I might have to get a set in purple.

·
Registered
167 Posts
sweet, ive been thinking of painting my bike all black and going w/ some gold fasteners and painting the wheels bronze/goldish..

·
Registered
63 Posts
doesn't look like they have any for the older gixxers. i've contacted the first site, just no response yet...will probably take a day or so for an answer.

thanks!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Keep an eye out for someone parting out his bike,once in a while you see em on e-bay
or there selling the bits in bulk.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
63 Posts
will do...

but a new bolt kit would look really nice with the new paint job!

btw...pics of my newly painted bike are coming...i'm just waiting for the decal kit to come in so i can clear it. (didn't realize it would take almost 20 days to get them shipped!) it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i bought the pro-bolt set(tasty nuts) from a dealer in cali. cost $62 shipped. they had plenty of colors. company is targa accessories. they were great to work with. came with spacers and washers also. real quality looking stuff. hope this helps, chris

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
shit just go to lowes or home depot they got a huge ass hardware section I got alot of hardware from here like exhaust bolts. three dollars for the whole set very cheap.!!
just take the clip nuts with you off the fairings.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I don't know if this is helpfull or not but when I started losing bolts for da fairing I replaced them with stainless that were a touch longer and put a nut on the back of the ones that seemed to disappear the most. I also put stainless fender washers with rubber fender washers that were just a tad bigger. Seems to distribute the weight better (less cracking). All of it I picked up at hardware store(LOWES). Just an idea.

EDGE_

1 - 20 of 23 Posts