Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have a 95 750 and im having some serious problems and im really stumped. I just rebuilt the carbs they are all good. cleaned the fuel system new fuel lines and every thing. my problem is the bike starts up if u give it some throttle but backfires a decent amount and if you give it throttle it will go to 6k and then just loose all power and start to backfire. I am pretty good at finding stuff out usualy but im a little stumped here. the bike doesn't have any mods other than a exhaust that I know of just got the bike. if someone could give me some pointers that would be great thanks! also it wont idle for very long without keeping on the throttle it will just die.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neidels and gaskets and a good cleaning I'll try messing with the screws today and see what it does

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Did it run fine before you cleaned the carbs?
Not to be condescending, is the air cleaner fairly clean also?

Good luck, someone here will help you figure it out.

Have wee seen pics of the bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike ran the same before I cleaned the carbs sadly and air cleaner is clean. No you guys haven't I'll have to take some pics next time I'm working on it!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
First thing I would do is check for a vacuum leak. hard starting and backfiring can be caused by a lean fuel mixture.
When you get the bike running spray some carb cleaner around the carb boots, one at a time of course. If the motor increases in revs you have a vacuum leak.Tighten or replace the boot.
Also check the nipple and hose on number 4 boot that supplies vacuum for the petcock for cracking or leaks.. I had problems with a broken nipple in the past and was getting the same type of symptoms you had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I am going to work on it in the next two days your really a great help I'll check over everything u said! Don't wanna sound dump here but which screws are the mixture screws don't wanna turn the sync screws on accident lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts