Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, by neighbor on the street behind me is trying to fire up his Harley (nice one btw) and his buddy is over there on his bike helping him- some older gas seemed to be the culprit.

Anyways- wow! His buddy is riding his '94 Suzuki RF900R! This things a beauty!

I took a few pictures; he's had it since new, uses it for a commuter and has the all original engine internals,
with nearly 96,000 miles on it!!

Here's a stat page I found on it too:

Suzuki RF 900R

Too cool

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I fucking love those RF's! They are hard to come by though. My last bike was a 97 Katana 600 and every day, when I looked at it, I asked it why it couldnt be an RF. lol they are beautiful

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Hardly see any of those around;weren't very popular back in the day but solid bikes nonetheless

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hardly see any of those around;weren't very popular back in the day but solid bikes nonetheless
Yep, the owner stated they made them for 4 years- and sales were always poor so the canned it.

This bike looked awesome, original paint too
It has a little 'glove box' on the left side of the fairing

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
They, like the Katana and SV are notorious for a shitty suspension. And they are big steel heavy pigs like the Katanas too. But they look awesome and, like many other Suzuki bikes, were reputed to be bulletproof. I wanted soooo bad to fashion a RF nose/headlight/side fairings onto my Katana. Heavy modification aside, those parts are basically non-existent.

I assume they were priced more closely to the gsxr than the katana and there just wasnt a market for basically an expensive Katana with the likes of the GSXR, and Katana, nobody wanted to fork over the cash for the RF and still have a subpar bike to the gsxr line.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They, like the Katana and SV are notorious for a shitty suspension. And they are big steel heavy pigs like the Katanas too. But they look awesome and, like many other Suzuki bikes, were reputed to be bulletproof. I wanted soooo bad to fashion a RF nose/headlight/side fairings onto my Katana. Heavy modification aside, those parts are basically non-existent.

I assume they were priced more closely to the gsxr than the katana and there just wasnt a market for basically an expensive Katana with the likes of the GSXR, and Katana, nobody wanted to fork over the cash for the RF and still have a subpar bike to the gsxr line.
I think the SV1000 suffered the same fate; SV1000 looks the same as the SV650 yet priced about the same as the GSX-R 600, no one would pick it over the GSXR...

I sold my SV1000 to get a GSXR and after three GSXR (K8 600, L1 600 and L3 750) I got me another SV1000. Suzuki has mastered the art of building solid bikes that no one takes a second look at and are forgotten about before they are released.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts