Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 gsxr and am thinking of updating the rear swing arm to the 94-95 braced style I do have machine shop capabilities anybody know what problems I may encounter.

saved

[ 10-21-2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
The bracing area on those arms take up a lot of space. I'd be really careful with measurements to ensure clearance when fully compressed etc. Essentially why I went for an underbrace on my 93 1100.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm not sure about the first generations as far as the cradle width goes. I did that swap on a 90 and 91 and those are simple. Somehow I recall the cradles not allowing the 90 on swingarms, but not 100% on that.

Other than that, you will have to sleeve your pivot axle to work. The braced item uses a 25mm pivot, much large than the old ones. So you'll need new bearing races and a new crush washer that are the will fit your axle and allow then to ride in the large diameter bearings. You'll also need to snag the rear brake assembly as they do not use the setups to allow you to swap your old one on.

But I'm thinking it wont work in your app. You may need to find an old Meta whoosits swingarm.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts