Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94\' 750 only runs on 2 cylinders!

Weird problem here with a 94 gsxr 750. It will only run on 2 cylinders; cylinder #4 and #3. Sometimes #3 won't fire and when it doesn't, #2 does. I was told that this could be the crank trigger/sensor but I don't want to spend a ton of money to fix something that doesn't need to be fixed. Anyone heard of this before? The coils are fine and every cylinder is getting spark but they aren't firing at the right time I don't think. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Re: 94\' 750 only runs on 2 cylinders!

when did this start? had it been sitting over the winter? did you ride it and it was fine? then you got it home and this happened? but as i got on here, 1 and 4 fire and 2 and 3 fire together. but whats the sircumstances when the problem started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It has done this since it was bought so I can't give a history as to when it started. Basically, it is only firing to one cylinder from each coil. The other 2 have spark but the bike runs terrible and it doesn't change tone when you remove the wire from # 1 and 2. #1 and 2 have good spark whenever I check them but like I said they aren't firing at the right time (misfiring). Any idea?

·
Registered
55 Posts

Welcome to our world, it's not much but it's all we have.
Do you have the service manual to the bike? It's our little bible, you can't go through this venture without it, I know Bobby can hook you up with one if you don't. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts