Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93\' swinger??? FastCat, Bones.

I've just finished an hour and a half search to find out if I have to make new links for the swap. Nothing was said about them. I got the 93'600 swinger with out the links and need to know if I'm going to spend money on stock links that might be too short, I hate paying twice.

It's going on a 1100 N.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: 93\' swinger??? FastCat, Bones.

On my 88 750 I used the dog bones off the 93. I have a Fox SRS (Pivot) link but that does not change the height. I did adjust the Fox shock to raise the rear about 15mm. The 88-89 750 had a problem with ground clearence that lowering the forks to handle better does not help.
Bones

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

you don't need new links you need to use the links that came with the 93 swing arm
-Karl

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

The linkage and dogbones from the `93 swinger are spaced differently than the earlier-models... you'll definitely wanna get the ones that go with the `93 swinger - the ones from my `89 swinger would not fit at all due to the way they bolt up to the swingarm itself. The overall ride-height was just a *tad* higher with the `93 swinger, which didn't hurt my feelings at all.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks kids, Stock links it is. I'll be in for a shock later so I can finr tune than.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Hey Ry,

I almost forgot... do you still need/want that caliper and mount-bracket for that `93 swingarm? I got it all in-hand and it got shoved under a table and I forgot about it... e-me, `k?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts